Monday 3 December 2012

First Anniversary with Paper Flowers

I love this Sarah Kay image and I love making paper flowers
Update: It snowed here last night, so that should help me get in the Christmas mood.  I've certainly got plenty to do, with several requests to complete (including one from number one son!).  Unfortunately, my cough from hell has returned.  Meantime, think it’s ok to share this one now, it will be my card for A Card a Day Blogging.

Inspiration: I was asked by a friend to make a first wedding anniversary card and we agreed that earth tones would work as these were the accent colours at the wedding.  It went with this Sarah Kay image because I think it’s really lovely.

Products: Sarah Kay stamp ‘Sweet Romance’; Rich Cocoa Memento ink; Copic pens in warm greys mostly; papermania 8” by 8” card with gusset envelope; papermania cream card; kanban card with damask pattern; brown & taupe thin card (which has a lovely sheen) from my local shop Craft-ed Creations; Marianne and Spellbinder dies for flowers; few brads from stash; bling in some flower centres and sentiment stamp from Stamps by Chloe; flower punches; Cheery Lyn die for swirls; button; Tim Holz pin; butcher’s twine; darice embossing folder; spellbinders fancy rectangle die; peel-offs; glitter.
Techniques: Image hand stamped and coloured with copic pens.  I loved colouring in warm greys for a vintage effect.  I’ve used some earth tones and pink for the faces and the flower.  There is a little bit of embossing and sanding on the Kanban paper, and a little ink on edges of cream card, but most of the texture comes from using different sorts of paper and card. Most of the design was about making a tactile card in layers so I played about with the various layers before I decided on the final layout.  For definition I have added some dots and dashes and some white peel-offs on the slightly textured taupe card.
Favourites: Faux stitching; paper flowers; extra details inside card (but I forgot to take photo!)

Extra bits (because I love them so): there’s a lot of flowers (plus a few hand cut leaves) but I think I can get away with it because I have kept to just three tones and what could be better for your paper anniversary than paper flowers?  I loved adding a bit of bling and the Tim Holz pin too.
Mr Fantabulous Mayhem and I are just back from Whitby where we went as our first anniversary treat (we went there last year just after we got married too as we love the atmosphere and the vintage feel of the place).  Here's a wee pic of me and my shadow!

Need to get back to some Christmassy things now and a nice hot cup of tea xx

If you like the paper flowers you might like these projects:
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, those soft brown shades are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the muted colours of this - very vintage and girlie x

    ReplyDelete