Sunday 2 December 2012

Puppy Love

lots of puppy fun
little Ellie, a friend's new puppy
snow on the Ochil Hills (near where I live - photo by a friend)

Out of my routine after having a few days away in Whitby.  I had a lovely catch up with friends last night and I have done some digital designs for a request today plus a little bit of work on a word book but nothing completed yet.  I've been enjoying the Funky Hand and Tiddly Inks Blog Hop too. Here is my contribution to a Card a Day Blogging.

I'm not sure if this card is finished.  Can't decide whether to add a sentiment or not (and what to make it).

Inspiration: I was charmed by the Cupcake Crafting 'Magical Christmas Moments' CD as it has lovely images of animals which have a beautiful hand drawn feel.  I don't have any pets myself (just a husband who is as messy as I am), but I have a number of friends whose pets really are another member of their family and I thought I would make them something appropriate this Christmas.  This image is just right at the moment as it is so crispy cold with snow on the hills here.  One of my friend's got a brand new puppy yesterday that looks a bit like one of the puppies in the sledge.

  • Products: Cupcake Crafting CD 'Magical Christmas Moments'; Neenah card; plain red and peach card; Core'dinations Core Impressions Classic Christmas; ribbon from stash; stickles; glossy accents.
  • Techniques: topper printed on neenah card, glossy accents on sledge and doggy noses and eyes.  Little bit of stickles glitter highlights on snow.  Added a bit of real ribbon on top of the faux ribbon. Topper enhanced with a few neat layers with some dots and dashes (picking out puppy and sledge colours).  The background is core'dinations card that comes already embossed with snowflakes, so just needed a little sanding.  I tried to keep things simple so that the puppies steal the show.
Hope you like it xx

4 comments: