Wednesday 23 January 2013

Steampunk Inventor

A bit of personalised steampunk fun
Another busy day as I’m going to see ‘Les Mis’ at the cinema.  Determined to get my blog habit up and running again so it’s time to share an earlier project.

For my ‘son-in-law to be’ I made a steampunk birthday card earlier this month using serif’s craft artist professional.  Number one daughter told me that he liked all things steampunk, but to make sure it was masculine.  I am still more of a tactile crafter than a digital one, but you just can’t get away from the world of possibilities with digital crafting, and how easy it is to personalise your creations.  I am still expanding my knowledge as I go, but having fun all the way.  I’ve added a picture of the loving couple.  The digikit used was ‘Steampunk Inventor’.  I printed on Neenah card and cut out.
This is stage one.

Stage two, was layering on some embossed and inked mirri card, adding some metal bits and bobs, some Tim Holtz tape and glossy accents and crackle glaze.  Unfortunately, doh! I didn’t take a photo of the final result before rushing to visit.  With a bit of luck, my daughter will come to the rescue and send a picture xx
Ok, where’s that box of tissues …

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I've never heard of Steampunk until now. Gives me something new to research! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he loved it - what an ace card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Streampunk style - it's such a fun way to work. This is fab, Eleanor

    ReplyDelete