Monday 21 January 2013

Gone Fishing

Something special for a special friend

Lots of my favourite colours and styles plus a hand tied daddy long legs (legs made from a paint brush)

I love these chronology toppers and papers. I just had to add them to the back of my card.
 
Time to get blogging again.  Got a bit busy completing some crafty creations for Christmas, but didn’t get round to blogging about them.  Then there was the eating and drinking and now I am trying to fit a bit of exercise into every day.  So far, so good, but yet to master keeping fit and eating healthy with my crafty ideas which usually involve me sitting on my bum.

Here’s my latest creation, which I made for our friend Jim’s 60th birthday at the weekend.  Jim enjoys a day’s fishing getting away from it all and a pint now and then, so that’s the theme for the card. 
  • I’ve used: Flippin’ Men ‘Gone Fishing’images – I’ve made a few cards with Flippin’ Men decoupage before and love the sense of fun the images have.  This time I’ve used the images from ‘The Best of La Pashe’ CD and printed on matt card.
  • The backgrounds are from Papermania Chronology range (part of a goody bag I treated myself to).
  • I have also printed a sheet from my Debbi Moore ‘shabby chic’ mechanical CD for some of the sentiments which I think fit in well.
  • Techniques: Base card from Las Pashe decorated first with Chronology papers (inked edges of course) and some Tim Holtz tape.  Window made with leafy acetate from Hunkydory/Crafter’s Companion.  A few peel off’s here and there.
  • Images cut out, some extra detail added with Sakura gel pens (I especially liked adding a bit of sparkle to the fish).  Gloss accents added to the welly boots.  Decoupaged with pinflair glue and glued to the acetate.  Sentiments layered up and added.
  • Extra bits: butchers twine and cog thingy (from Chronology range), thought this might look a bit like a fishing reel.  In a little plastic bag I’ve added an actual ‘tied fly’ from the local fishing shop.  You can’t see too well in the pic, but it’s a Daddy Long Legs and really appealed to my crafting side as they are hand made in the shop.  I didn’t risk attaching it open as it is on a real hook.  Tile letters on front from WH Smith.  Of course I added a matching bottle bag and envelope.
  • Could do better: Running at the last minute as ever, hubby took photos when I was putting my make up on for the birthday party.  When I went to put the card in the envelope I found it didn’t fit due to my added extras.  So it was a last minute rescue, wrapping the card in brown paper and sticking the front of the envelope on (when will I ever learn!).
a shop bought gift bag decorated with another flippin' man Gone Fishin'.
 
the decorated envelope (first version)

Hope you like the card and hope to be back again soon xx

5 comments:

  1. This is great - love the way it shows the back of the fisherman as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Eleanor this card and envelope are fantastic! I love how you can see the back view of the fisherman too! very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I think that's why I keep returning to these images myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! It reminds me of my husband. He can't go fishing without having a rod in one hand and a can of beer in the other! lol. This card is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I love the concept of the Flippin' Men range as it reminds me of all the men I know. They all like a beer whatever they are doing!

      Delete