Saturday 24 November 2012

Busy, Busy

It’s been a busy day for me today, but good.  I met up with number one daughter for a bit of shopping and a catch up.  More chatting was done than shopping but it was all good.  Hot topic was wedding planning for her big day next July.  I have been attempting to earn my ‘good mummy badge’ by preparing some sample wedding invites.  The colour scheme and style were as specified by the bride to be and I managed to come up with some variations (top secret for the moment) to choose from.  Can you believe all made without inked edges, faux stitching or paper flowers!  I didn’t know I had it in me.  I was allowed some layering and ribbon of the chosen colour plus a bit of restrained bling, which did work remarkably well.  I must do the ‘less is more’ thing more often.

great for storage and only £1 each
As well as coffee and toasted teacake I was treated to some real treasure.  I can share that.  Slim A4 boxes from the pound shop (they don’t always have them in stock and never in the shop nearest me) so it was great to get hold of some and especially sweet that my daughter had remembered to look for them.  They are treasure because they are great for storing stamps and bits of paper or part done projects (and they only cost a £1 each).  It was some-one at a craft event that shared the idea with me so I will share here.  When I get the little elves that will come and tidy up for me I will be sorted!
Then for added excitement she gave me this little fellow..
Santa Claus is coming to town
Lego is very popular in our family so he went down well and is now in pride of place on the mantelpiece.
Going to watch some ‘Strictly’ now for a bit more bling…back with a card soon xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on track with the wedding invitations. Looking forward to seeing them when you're allowed to share

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you had a lovely day, Eleanor. I'm really looking forward to seeing the invitations :).

    ReplyDelete