Thursday 15 November 2012

Seasonal Swirls

I just had to add extra bits to this yummy Henbury Lane collection
Update: Today I have been busy cutting out flowers for another project but cannot share that one just yet.  I’m on to my second bottle of cough medicine, but before my next Lemsip here’s my card for Card a Day Blogging.

Inspiration: I really have found it very inspiring looking at other people’s blogs and attending card making classes at my local shop.  I do still like adding my favourite extra bits but it is great having a fresh outlook on my crafting (only down side is that my wish list of things I am going to try is getting longer and longer!).  The first class I went to at my local shop Craft-ed Creations  we got a pack of goodies that included the papers I have used here.  I found getting ideas from other crafters made me look at the papers in a different way and I came home full of ideas of things to do with my stash.  This is one of the cards a came up with.  The lime green is not the first colour I think of for Christmas but I think it works really well with other traditional Christmas colours.
  • Products: Papers and topper from do-crafts Henbury Lane Collection; plain red and green card; Marianne Dies for swirls; Flower handmade using punches; ribbon from stash; glamour dust; peg and heart shaped brad from stash; Glossy Accents; letter tiles from WH Smith.
  • Techniques: Mat and layering in contrasting colours with dots and dashes added.  Flower made from punched shapes glued together covered in glamour dust, centre is glue gel covered in glitter.  The leaves are hand cut from the kit and covered with glossy accents to look suitably evergreen.  Swirls are cut using the dies and stuck down with glue gel, I’ve left the ends unstuck for a more dimensional effect.
  • Favourites: Dots and dashed with sakura white opaque gel pen and papermania permanent pens.
  • Extra bits (because I love them so): I thought the wreath looked a little empty so I added the heart hanging on a pleat made with some glittery ribbon in my stash and added the little peg.  The little letter tiles were bought from WH Smith (I’ve ran out of ‘E’s so spelled JOY rather than NOEL!).
I’ve got a few more cards to share made with papers from this collection, but I’ll try to mix it up to keep them different.  Now time for that Lemsip...

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Eleanor... I love your 'extra bits'. Hope you're feeling better soon, lemsip is ALWAYS good with just a little touch of brandy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I've just had a lemsip with whisky, it was good. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Elenor. You've reminded me that I was planning on doing some poinettia cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love the swirls x

    ReplyDelete