Friday 9 November 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

Masculine

A boy and his Dad

Update: It’s a ‘Here’s one I made earlier’ contribution from me today. I wonder what every-one else has done for Card a Day Blogging ?

Inspiration: I wanted to make a proper ‘manly’ card for my father in law’s birthday earlier this year. He’s in his seventies and likes a wee dram (whisky), a bit of gardening and like most Scottish men watching football.  I decided on a retro football image inside and a tool shed look on the front.  I do have a weakness for images that evoke memories and feelings and the ‘Remember when’ range from La Pashe certainly does that, especially the images in sepia tones.  I can just imagine this as my husband when he was a wee boy, standing with his Dad (may be not 100% accurate but it has the right feeling).
  • Products: La Pashe ‘Remember When’ 3D decoupage; Tim Holtz papers and stickers; newsprint vellum from stash; plain dark green card; a plain tag; a few peel off stickers.
  • Techniques: the base card is A5 with a fancy edge from a score board; 3D decoupage curled and built up with 3D glue gel.  I made this the inside of the card and personalised the football ground by adding ‘Alloa’ our local town to the stand.  Then I used the Tim Holtz paper and stickers to make a random collage of ‘manly bits’ on the front and inside front.  I cut adverts from the newsprint vellum and scrunched up and inked before adding to the collage.  The letters that look like old printing blocks have been used to spell out Dad on the front and the message inside, the other sentiments are from the La Pashe sheet.
  • Favourites: Inked edges; extra details inside card.
  • Extra bits (just because): I just kept adding the Tim Holtz bits in a random fashion and a ribbon too (can't think why).  I’ve added a few peel off corners, dots and lines, oh and a wee dog on the back.





3 comments: