Friday 23 November 2012

Gingerbread man meets Iris Folding

Gingerbread fun, with peel-offs on those tricky hand cut edges
It has to be a quick post from me today for a Card a Day Blogging.  I’m taking a tea break while my glossy accents dry on the 9 ‘flat’ personalised Christmas cards I am working on for a special request, and that’s just one of the things on my ‘to do’ list today.

Meanwhile, here’s one I made earlier…
  • Inspiration: the idea came from Karen who runs the craft class I go to locally at Craft-ed Creations.  I have seen iris folding done many times but this was the first time that I had a go myself.  I found it very relaxing and loved this design so much that I planned to do a few more (just havn’t got round to it yet).  The design and step by step instructions can be found at Circle of Crafters.  If you check that site out it has quite a few ideas, including how to design your own iris folding images (so that’s something else on my list of ‘things to try one day!’).
  • Products: As Karen provided the papers I can’t remember the brand, but I really like the effect of using patterned papers rather than plain.  In my head, I think part of the fun of this technique will be in picking co-ordinating papers (so I can see me going to Funky Hand when I get some time to do more).  It would be great for using up scraps too.
  • Techniques: there is a tiny amount of white ric-rac ribbon for the gingerbread man’s icing.  This is taped down first before the paper strips go down and, as if by magic, it’s on the top when you are done and you turn it over (can you tell I’m easily impressed?).
  • Extra touches: of course, I added some dots and dashes in white sakura gel pen when I was done.  My excuse is that it matches the icing (well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!).
Watch this space: I have made a start on my first Funky Hand word book, but I’ve had to set it aside to work on that special request.

Back again soon…

3 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread man is so lovely - the papers are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super iris folding (makes me think I should do some again - ages since I did) x

    ReplyDelete