Monday 19 November 2012

More snow and beatrix potter

extra snow with peel off waste and a little metal santa charm

mmmm...chocolate cake = love
Here's a couple of cards I finished yesterday but didn't get around to posting.  I'm going to share them for  A Card a Day Blogging.  I had done the cards a few weeks ago, and they are similar to my previous beatrix potter efforts.  I had set them aside as I felt they needed a little something to make them different.

Yesterday, I had a dig around in one of my little boxes and found these christmas metal charms. I added them with a little butcher's twine.

Update: Mr Fantabulous Mayhem and I had a super night at a friend's house on Saturday night.  Good friends really do make such a difference in life.  I am all set for a busy week ahead.  I now have a new working printer which means I can do a whole lot of new projects.  I'm all excited.  I've got a technical challenge too, I've been asked to make some personalised Christmas cards that are flat for posting.  It'll be a challenge for me as I do so like to add 'extra bits', but I have got a few ideas to add faux embellishments but I will need to try to get the computer-ma-bob to do what I want it to.  So watch this space...

Now for a cup of tea and getting on with all those fun new projects..

12 comments:

  1. oh they are really cute Eleanor. Mo used to love Peter Rabbit when he was a toddler and watched it every day for ages!!! he still digs it out every now and again so its lovely to see a peter make
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little charms really do finish them off well. Cute little cards.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, I especially like the colours you've used. Peel off waste? That's an oxymoron if ever I heard one LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looking great mum!

    Keeping my fingers crossed that i'll come on here and see one specific special craft project!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, I thought that particular craft project was to be kept top secret xx

      Delete
  5. They are both fab but I especially like the first one - that gingham background really makes it work so beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kathy, I've got a wee soft spot for gingham myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both lovely and you were completely right those charms really do finish them off perfectly.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What darling cards - sorry I'm so late commenting - just trying to catch up with everyone on A card a Day x

    ReplyDelete