Thursday 1 November 2012

Peter Rabbit - Cuddles from Mummy

Nothing better than a big warm Mummy cuddle
Update: Stayed up too late last night watching scary movies, then couldn’t get to sleep…this morning inspired by a new month I tried to tackle my ‘work in progress’ mountain.  Top of my list was cutting out snowflakes to add to quite a few projects.

Inspiration: Peter Rabbit who reminds me of holidays in the Lake District.  I also love the story of Beatrix Potter who made a life for herself following her passion in a time when women were expected to know their place.  This particular image is a favourite of mine because it looks like a really good warm mummy cuddle.
Products: Crafter’s Companion/Hunkydory (A Winter’s Tale kit) Peter Rabbit topper; Joanna Sheen gingham paper; Kanban Kandy Kore card; Holographic card from stash; white lace & border peel offs from stash; brad (WH Smith January sale); Spellbinders Snowflake die.

Techniques: Lots of mats and layers with main topper raised with 3D foam pads; Kandy Kore card embossed and sanded; edges distressed with Tim Holtz tool; used the waste from the white peel-offs to add extra snow.  I tried to follow Mel Heaton’s scrap booking tip for the colours to mat and layer with so my first layer behind the topper is the colour of the rabbit fur so that your eye is drawn to the rabbits rather than Peter’s jacket or the scenery (this may be an old tip but it was new to me).
Favourites: inked and distressed edges.

Extra bits (because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits: Spellbinders snowflake cut from different shades of core’dinations Core couture card, plus brad.  I’ve stuck it on with a good blob of Colall 3D glue so that is sits over the topper.
Watch this space: Mr. Fantabulous Mayhem has promised that I will have a working printer soon.  I hope so as there are loads of projects it could help with, including a matching insert for this card and the Funky Hand challenge.  Meantime, I’m going to wrap up warm and play at Christmas (I have a lot of work in progress to finish).

 

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely lovely. Such a great image and all the layering works beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the colour layering tip from Mel really works. It will be great for you to have a working printer. We'd love to have you on the Get Funky challenge, you'd really raise the bar with your cards.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anice. The printer is a bit of a sore point at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to join your challenge soon.

    ReplyDelete