Thursday 8 November 2012

Fairy Wishes

Fairy hopes and wishes



I love the sentiment: may all your wishes and dreams come true
Update: This is my card for a card a day blogging.  See who else is joining in here: http://bloggingacad.blogspot.co.uk/

This is the first fairy card I have shared on my blog.  It probably won’t be the last as I like fairies so much that I decorate my Christmas tree with them (but that’s a story for another day).

Inspiration: I’ve been experimenting with something I’ve never done before trying to make my own random backgrounds with shimmery stuff.  I’ve seen a number of people demonstrating this sort of thing and I’ve wanted to have a go for ages as it looked so yummy.  I finally got around to it last night and I have to say I loved it but I still think I could do with a lot more experimenting to practice all the different techniques.  I've also been inspired by cards I've seen on Joanna Sheen's challenge blog.  I'm a bit late for the current challenge but may be next time.
  • Main products: Joanna Sheen Silhouette Stamp Fairy Whispers JS324; memento ink; Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist (Spring Blossom, Key Lime, Ocean Wave, Pewter & Autumn Leaf); centura pearl card; black card; black fine line peel –offs; stickles; spellbinder scalloped oval and flower; papermania black permanent pen; sakura white gel pen.
  • Techniques: The backgrounds were made by painting the card randomly with different colours of the Shimmer Mists.  Some I added splodges to, some were sprayed with shimmer mists and some I tried sprinkling with salt.  Last night they looked a bit hit or miss but when it came to making the card today it was just a matter to choosing to cut out the bits I liked the look of.  After stamping the fairies it looked a bit too ethereal so I went over the image with a permanent black pen and added some highlights with my trusty companion the sakura white gel pen then added stickles on the fairy wings.  I’ve used black card for a bit of layering to bring out the silhouettes and mounted on a 15cm square black card then added black peel-offs to make a border.
  • Favourites: dots and dashes; used some extra bits of card to make the inside of the card interesting.
  • Extra bits (because I love them so): the leaves behind the spellbinder flower are hand cut freestyle from some of the scrap card to match and shaped by hand and the centre of the flower is a blob of pinflair glue gel sprinkled with some fine pee wee glitter (I’ve seen a couple of people do this on TV).
Half way through this project I thought I was making a bit of a mess of it, but in the end I was happy with the final result.  I hope you like it too, it has a real shimmer which you can’t really see in the photo.

 

8 comments:

  1. wow I think you should do it more often Eleanor, that effect looks stunning hun
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairies, gorgeous card Eleanor, that technique is fab.

    Tracy
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't "do" fairies but we can't all be the same, eh? hehe I do like the way you've used them here - they are so delicate and ethereal, especially on that beautiful sunset background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy. I'm fussy about fairies I like some styles but not all. I'm going to try different backgrounds with some different styles soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love the background colour x

    ReplyDelete