Tuesday 20 November 2012

Homemade Holly

I was pleased with my homemade holly
I’ve been playing at colouring-in again, but it’s not quite finished yet, so my share for A Card a Day Blogging is something I completed at the weekend.

It’s another card made from Papermania’s Henbury Lane paper collection.  Of course, I’ve done some inked edges and my favourite layers and dots and dashes.  For the sentiment I've used the letter tiles I got in WH Smith last year (I think they go well with the kraft card used for the base card).
I'm going to be brave and enter this card into the following challenges:

CHNC Challenge 99  Use something more than 6 months old
Victorine Challenge 47 Any-thing Christmas
Let's Craft and Create Getting Ready for Christmas
Holly: I thought the card needed that little something and I didn’t have just the right thing in my stash.  I saw a sweet die on-line but it was sold out.  So it was thinking cap time again.  I drew some holly freehand on dark green card with a gold pen.  I curved the holly with a bone folder then covered with glossy accents.  Then for the berries, I scrunched up some red paper for a 3D effect but it just didn’t look right.  So I went with something simple.  Three berries punched from red card with an ordinary hole punch.  I’ve added a few white highlights with my sakura white gel pen then added more glossy accents.  When the holly and berries were dry I stuck them on to the card with 3D glue gel, keeping a bit of height and shape.  I was quite chuffed with myself when it was done.  Hope you like it too.
Next, back to my colouring-in…

5 comments:

  1. Eleanor your holly and berries are brilliant! Who needs to buy ready made embellishments? Real crafters create their own. Oh, fab card that they have gone on to as well!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anice, your encouragement is always appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super holly and berries, love the white pen on the berries. Completes the card so well.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Eleanor. Gorgeous card thanks for sharing it with us at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - you've reminded me that I have some of those letter tiles somewhere that ought to be used - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 99 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete