Sunday 25 November 2012

Treats from Santa



a gift bag for some-one special

I love this paperclip

Glossy Accents transform the letters
 
Update: Going to start my Christmas shopping today.  I’ve promised myself that this year I will keep it simple because, after all, my children are grown ups (famous last words). 
It’s not a card, but here is my contribution to a Card a Day Blogging.
Inspiration: I loved the ideas in the recent Funky Hand Challenge 'Christmas is all about the kids' but couldn’t join in because my printer was poorly sick.  Now I have a new printer that can print on card too so I am very happy.  This is not for a child but it is for some-one who enjoys Christmas parcels as if she were still a little girl.  I am sure if she is a good girl, Santa will think up something nice to put in it.

  • Products: Do-crafts back to basics kraft gift bag (I love these, they are so fun to decorate); Funky Daze CD for patterned paper, faux ribbon and letters; Neenah card from Crafter's Companion (the images printed beautifully on this); plain pink card from stash; glossy accents; stickles; ric rac ribbon from stash (papermania pack a few years ago); giant wooden paperclip from hobbycraft (January sale bargain); white sakura pen; papermania permanent pen (green).
  • Techniques: Picked this pattern from the CD because I liked that it could be snowflakes for Christmas or fireworks or flowers whatever you want it to be.  I inked the edges with Tim Holtz worn lipstick then layered on pink card to make the crisp colours pop.  Using extra card makes the bag a bit stronger too but they are already quite sturdy.  Living dangerously instead of faux stitching I did some wiggly lines for a border.  The letters were printed from the CD too.  Then cut out.  I gave them a bit of a curve by hand, put them on 3D tape and covered with glossy accents.  Final touches were the ric-rac ribbon layered on the faux ribbon (which has a lovely knitted texture you may not be able to see) and some stickles glitter on some of the snowflakes.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; inked edges; faux stitching;
  • Extra bits (just because): I love the big paperclip and the colours just fit in (it’s been hiding in one of my goody boxes for ages).
I have a few ideas for some more co-ordinating gift bags and I had better think about something for number one son too. I've just noticed that Anice at Funky Hand is celebrating her birthday by having a sale, so I might just start my Christmas shopping with a little treat for me!  Happy Birthday Anice and thank you.  Back again soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment