Saturday 17 November 2012

Golden Wedding

sunglasses on for this one - hope you like flowers

a card like this needs a box
Update: Well here it is, one of the very ornate cards I have been working on.  I’ll make it my card for Card a Day Blogging.

Inspiration: A special request.  I wanted to go to town and make a wow factor gift.

  • Products: ‘Once Upon a Time’ Keepsake Board; plain mirri board and matt gold card from create and craft pack; centura pearl card; Hunkydory extra special mirri (with polka dots); fine line peel offs; cream and shimmery golden brown thick paper from stash and local shop (for flowers); Hunkydory foiled acetate; Spellbinder and Marianne dies and punches for flowers; Cheery Lynn die for mini swirl; x-cut die for heart on box; bling by Stamps by Chloe, plus stickles and glitter; few brads and gold ribbon from stash.
  • Techniques: Layers of ‘book’ embossed on board edges inked and trimmed with peel off.  Spine of layers stuck down with extra sticky tape, layers have 3D tape between pages to build up shape.  After that it’s all about the decorating.  Some of my favourite hand-made flowers stuck down with glue gel.  I enjoyed mixing it up with different shapes and sizes for flowers like a real floral display.  Although I was aiming at the wow factor the card was a bit ‘too gold’, so I tried to use the flowers to tone the card done a bit.  Hoping for opulent but still tasteful.  I’ve had some positive feedback, but realise that this sort of card is only for special occasions and even then not for every-one.
  • Favourites: Inked edges (with Tim Holtz vintage photo ink of course); lots of flowers but not much room for faux stitching but I did manage a little bit on the sentiment tag.
  • Sentiment: I’ve used a simple ‘Happy Anniversary’ stamp from Stamps by Chloe, but added some hand written words hidden in the flowers.
  • Extra bits (it’s all about the extra flowers here): Plenty of paper flowers added each with a touch of bling.  I've added some gold ribbon and lace too. There are also a few random leaves, these have been cut free hand, a few of them have special words like ‘Love’, ‘Cherish’ and ’50 years’ as well as the couple’s names.  These have been tucked in under the flowers with a little ‘blob’ of glue gel.  The other ‘extra bits’ are the stand and box.  The stand is made from a Glitter Girls template in mirri board and decorated with peel-offs.  It works a treat for displaying the card.  The box is made from centura pearl A3 card and decorated with foiled acetate, peel offs, ribbon and a heart.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful creation, which I'm sure will be treasured - love all the gold x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a lot of work these entail. I bet this card and box will be treasured for a long, long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take me longer than I thought, it's a good job I enjoy decorating. Definitely a style for big birthdays or special anniversaries xx

      Delete