Tuesday 27 November 2012

Personalised Plus

the final card with inked edges, faux stitching, glitter, glossy accents and a little bow

a simple insert prepared digitally

the digital image


I am away from home for a few days, lots of fresh air and bracing walks (but I did find a wee craft stall, which I may go back to tomorrow).  Putting my feet up now, so I will quickly share the result of my digital crafting efforts.

The start of this story is in the post 'Jack and Victor'.  I made a batch of nine personalised Christmas cards (three different designs) which I completed on Sunday night.  I particularly like the 'photo real' button wreath on this design.

I started with a layout from serif craft artist then added a few digital embellishments.  Once printed I trimmed and inked edges, added some faux stitching, glossy accents on the faux buttons, beads and some of the berries and a touch of glitter on the holly.  Then I added a tiny bow.  I think the glossy accents in particular really made a difference making the card much more tactile.  I managed to design a very simple insert on serif to match the cover design.  The result is still less than 5mm so should be ok for standard letter postage.
I was happy with the final card and pleased that I had made the effort to try something different.  I've not had any feedback yet but fingers crossed.

Back again soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Eleanor, I think this is lovely!!! I really must get out my CA and get playing! Too many toys, not enough time though... lol.

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I feel the same way about toys and time xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your kind words over on my post darl.
    I love the idea of the real photograph and its so beautifully displayed with that lovely wreath, the personal touch really brings the whole thing to life, what a great way to send a lot of details on a card through snail mail and yet all of the layers are flat(ish).
    sending Hugs xNx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Eleanot. You know - that insert is a fab design for the front of a card, let alone the inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - love all the holly x

    ReplyDelete