Saturday 3 November 2012

Snow Blizzard



This wee man looks just like my son aged three.

work in progress - stickles + glossy accents added to die cut greenery looks like frost and makes shapes stronger
Update: Going out tonight so I better get a move on.

Inspiration: I was drawn to this image because of the colours and the little boy’s happy face.  It was only when I got it home and started working with it that I realised I have a photo of my son building a snowman aged about three in a very similar looking snow suit.  He was so cute.  I would share the photo but the 29 year old man he grew into would kill me!  Perhaps you can see something in every-thing if you look long enough or perhaps my wee boy was way at the back of my mind and that is why I was drawn to the decoupage sheet.
Products: 3D decoupage sheet by Craft Creations Ltd ; backing papers from Papermania Henbury Lane collection; plain card from stash; stepper card from my local shop ‘Craft-ed Creations’.

Techniques: Decoupage layers done with foam tape (I ink the edges first is that a bit OCD?); bit of colour added with backing papers; image highlighted with glossy accents on helmet (and faux buttons at side).  Stickles and polar white flower soft for snow.  I got a bit carried away with the snow so it turned into a bit of a snow blizzard.  I re-enforced the steps with a little card bridge underneath (not seen).
Favourites: Inked edged; layers; faux stitching in black (papermania permanent pen) and white (sakura gel pen).

Extra bits (I love extra bits): Used my new Marianne die LR0126 to make little sprigs of Christmas tree.  I’ve added stickles to look like frost and a few berries (from Chloe’s stamps) and stuck it on with a blob of Collall 3D glue.
Watch this space: more Christmas to come and a few Anniversary cards requested.  Sorry the picture could be better.

4 comments:

  1. Love your snow blizzard card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing your 'Extra bits' They make your cards so special. Alot of crafters would just use the image layer it and there it is done. You always add that something extra to make it all your own. That's the sign of a real crafter. Wonderful.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete