Wednesday 7 November 2012

Button up - it's cold outside

Humphrey looks so cosy in his duffel coat

Using up scraps to decorate the inside of card
Update: Mr Fantabulous Mayhem has a day off work today (he works shifts).  I had hoped to do lots of practical things in the home today with his assistance but it just hasn’t happened, and I’ve not got much crafting done either!

Inspiration:  I was reading on facebook about a friend taking his wee boy to a fireworks display and this image came to mind.  I know it’s an elephant but it makes me think of being wrapped up warm when I was a child and again when I did it with my children.  I am a bit of a big softie when it comes to art work that evokes memories.
  • Products: This topper and the paper on the front of the card were part of the free gift in the Crafter’s Companion Inspiration magazine.  It’s from the Humphrey’s corner range and has a lovely hand drawn feel.  Kraft card and red card from stash; the green starry paper on inside is from the Papermania Henbury Lane collection; glossy accents; glamour dust; the chunky red and white twine is by Papermania; snowflake stickers from daisy and dandelion range.
  • Techniques: Mats and layers, pyrimage(? not sure of spelling) and faux stitching and a jaunty angle thrown in.  I’ve added the glamour dust on the frosty leaves and spider’s web with a Quickie glue pen by Sakura.  There is a touch of glossy accents on his wellies and the berries in the background.  Snowflake stickers added randomly.  I’ve curled the edges of some of the backing paper for something a bit different.  I have been trying to use up little bits of card and paper by decorating the inside of cards as I go.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; 8” by 8” card; inked edges; faux stitching; extra details inside card.
  • Extra bits: Buttons (from an old cardigan) with a knot in the red and white twine, stuck on with 3D glue gel.  I sometimes like twine to unravel but this time I wanted a tidy knot so I put a tiny touch of PVA glue on the ends o stop fraying.

Watch this space: I’ve got a card to share tomorrow that has nothing to do with December.



5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Eleanor, such a cute image and I just love that colour combo.

    Tracy
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much work and so much so see here - I love all the extra detail you put into your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww thats so cute, I love all those layers
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful creation - so much work in it with a beautiful result x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies.

    ReplyDelete