Saturday 10 November 2012

Gingerbread Fun

More Gingerbread Fun
Update: I’m just back from my local craft shop 'Craft-ed Creations' where we had another class this morning.  It's heaven for me, crafty goodies, good company, tea, biscuits and even a lesson on labradoodle romance!  I’m super excited because with Karen's guidance we made a 3D shoe and we have lots of other goodies home to play.  I’ll share later when I have finished trimming but meantime I had better do my contribution to A Card a Day .

Inspiration: The idea for this card also came from Karen at the craft class.  I enjoyed the one I did at class a couple of weeks ago so much that I’ve done another one, this time it’s Mr Gingerbread on a rolling pin.  Attempting to have a theme ‘the same but different’ for December cards.
  • Main Products: 3D decoupage sheet from Craft Creations Ltd; stepper card from Karen’s shop; Do-crafts Forever Friends Retro Collection for the striped paper to match the old fashioned rolling pin.
  • Techniques: The decoupage was die cut, I just trimmed the pips.  The shapes were quite simple so I used 3D tape rather than glue to build up.  I did use some 3D glue gel on the holly sprigs to get a good curve.  I added a touch of glossy accents on the holly leaves and faux button too.  I’ve added a little bit of hidden card re-enforcement so that my added decoration doesn’t make the stepper card go the way of Bambi.
  • Favourites: Inked edges; faux stitching with sakura gel pen; extra bits.
  • Sentiment: The little chipboard ‘Happy Christmas’ came as part of a freebie in Card making and papercraft magazine.
  • Extra bits (you need extra bits in your life): polar white flower soft icing sugar of course.  I had a little bit of checked ribbon leftover from a do-crafts pack so I added that as I thought it was a good contrast.
As you may have noticed I have had a wee go at making the layout of the blog look a bit better.  I'm learning all the time so there may be more changes to come if I can figure out how to do things.

Back again soon xx

3 comments: