Monday 29 October 2012

18 Today

Bit of a cheeky extra blog today. 
Happy Birthday 18 Today

This is a project I completed in the summer but didn’t take photos.  My daughter has kindly just sent me these pictures over to add to my blog.
Matching Box
It was a special request for a friend of my daughter who was turning 18.  I was told she was in to union jacks and minis.  I had just got some suitable Kanban card so I went to town.  I didn’t have any-thing with a mini on it so I used a picture from the internet which I coloured with red and blue pens so it would blend in.



a heart pocket, hearts and buttons




















Rather than make a card I made a memory book.  It’s made of two 8” by 8” kraft card blanks stuck together in a concertina giving lots of sides to decorate.  Although you can’t really see in the picture there are lots of hidden pockets and opening sections to add messages, keepsakes or photos.  As well as adding layers, inked edges and faux stitching I have also added a few stamped butterflies and and some hand written words.  My favourite is the legend ‘Go confidently in the direction of your dreams and live the life you’ve imagined’.  Thought this was a good sentiment for an eighteen year old starting out in the world.  There’s some brads, gems, ribbon, buttons and butcher’s twine too, the toppers, bunting and butterflies are from the Kanban kit.
I used my crafter’s companion ultimate pro to help me make a box.  There was a decorated gift bag too, but sorry no photos of that.  You may have noticed I like decorating things but it really was so enjoyable I didn’t want to stop.

12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, just perfect for a teenager, I love it.

    Tracy
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative work is just wonderful. This is a real work of art. I hope your daughters friend appreciated it..I don't know how you let it go!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anice, I do really enjoy decorating things so I find an excuse whenever I can. I did stroke it a bit before handing it over!

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun card. Got to love that mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a super project and what a good idea to make a book rather than a card. So many ideas there though to fit on a card. I love the front - so bright and patriotic.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I've done another smaller book/card for my father-in-law, I'll show that when I get some photos taken. It's a great way of personalising stuff.

      Delete
  5. What a fantastic project! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Eleanor It's nice to see the Kanban kits being used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I've got a few more to get stuck into. They are fun.

      Delete