Tuesday 23 October 2012

Boofle

I love cuddles
Update: Just a quick wee post today.  If you’ve not met him yet, Boofle is a knitted dog made from a Grandad’s old cardigan.  He’s got personality and has a very tactile look rather than looking like a drawing.

Inspiration: I first fell in love with Boofle when I saw a cuddly version in a card shop.  I was delighted when do-crafts brought out some paper crafting treasures (Jo Austin did some great demos on tv too).  No. 1 daughter suggested I do more small cards.  Leanne was also taken with the twisted easel card I made for her.  As a non-crafter she was really quite taken with the novelty of it so that’s why I chose this style.  The backing papers really lend themselves to a sort of patchwork quilt look which together with faux stitching is one of my favourite looks (possibly because I grew up in a house with a lot of sewing going on).

  • Products: Do-crafts Boofle papercrafting kit.
  • Techniques: Bit of layering on a twisted easel card, some edging with Fiskars zig-zag scissors (this takes me back to getting to use my mum’s pinking shears on special occasions!).
  • Sentiment: a simple ‘For You’.  It covers a number of occasions and is just right when you want a fresh and light message.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; inked edges; faux stitching.
  • Extra bits: a wee Boofle bow or two.  The rosette and faux buttons are from bits in the kit.
Watch this space: So many ideas and Halloween just around the corner too...

No comments:

Post a Comment