Thursday 4 October 2012

Sophisticated Monochrome

Inspiration:
Moulin Diva
Who doesn’t want to feel sexy and sophisticated on their fortieth birthday, so that was the look I was aiming at here.  Having a bit of a monochrome phase but I think it works here.  Sticking with my favourite card size at the moment it’s another 8” by 8” card, a straight easel this time plus a matching bottle bag (if you are marking such a big occasion you deserve a wee tipple).
40 and Fabulous
I watch too much television for sure but sometimes you pick up a few gems.  I had seen Dawn from Kanban make some cards with feathers and spider web net and I was looking for a project to try out something similar.  I used stamps to give me an excuse to practice my colouring in with copic pens.  It is sooo relaxing and such a buzz when you get a nice effect.  I always think my projects can be improved (much to the frustration of Campbell – that’s Mr. Fantabulous Mayhem) but copic pens do blend wonderfully for that feel good factor and the Moulin Divas stamp is very effective.  It’s becoming rather addictive as it takes me back to my school days (it was shading with pencils then – much harder).
That’s enough blogging for now as I am off for some sophistication of my own.  My mother in law and I are off the see the Phantom of the Opera at the Theatre.  I am sure to come back filled with inspiration for a gothic creation or two.
Key Products Used:
·         Stamps: Moulin Divas (Belle Femme) by Kanban; Numbers from Country Companions by Jayne Nesterenko.
·         Kanban Mackenzie Collection – for monochrome patterned card.
·         Copic pens – Mostly cool greys and flesh tones.
Favourites:
·         Tim Holtz black soot distress ink on edges; Memento rich cocoa to stamp images.  White opaque Sakura pen and black fine liner pen for highlights and faux stitching.
·         Images stamped on Hunkdory ‘Colour Me’ card.
·         Hobbycraft 8” by 8” card blank, plain black, holographic and kraft card for matting and layering.
·         Extra bits: black feathers (Hobbycraft); Spider web net (ebay); Fancy wool & brad from stash.
·         Spellbinders label dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment