Monday 29 October 2012

Mr & Mrs Gingerbread

Gingerbread Fun
Now, for something completely different, I would like to share a card I started at a recent craft class.  Karen Wilson holds the class at her shop ‘Craft-ed Creations’ in Alloa (my home town).

I only started going to the class a couple of weeks ago, and it is wonderful getting to ‘play’ with other crafters.  Fresh ideas, good company and tea and biscuits, who could want more?
The main focus of the card is the decoupage gingerbread lady (from Craft Creations Ltd).  She was die-cut so pretty easy to pop out.  Karen had the base stepper card and backing papers ready for us so it all came together quite easily.  There is also a wee cheeky gingerbread boy sitting on a rolling pin on the other side.

I had been working on another project that night too, so I finished this one at home (best homework ever).  I couldn’t help myself and added some white dots with my sakura pen.  I think it looks just right (although I admit the dots and dashes thing is turning in to a bit of an addiction!).  I added just a sprinkle of polar white flowersoft for icing sugar and a little bit of ric-rac ribbon and was really pleased with the result.
The card was such fun to do, I think I’ll be doing another one (the same but different of course).

Karen also has classes for scrapbooking which I hope to start attending soon.

11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Eleanor, fab idea of using flower soft for the icing.

    Tracy
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card. How lucky are you having a craft club in your home town? There is nothing near me :( Even though crafting is my business I would still love to craft for fun, sitting around with other crafters learning new things and having a few laughs. Enjoy yourself you lucky thing.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anice. It is really wonderful to craft with other people.

      Delete
  3. oh Eleanor I love this, I have a thing for gingerbread men, even got them on my kitchen clock!!!
    I love their sweet little faces and the step looks wonderful
    huge hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't really take credit for the step but I did so enjoy making the gingerbread men I am going to have go at more. We did an iris folding gingerbread man too I'll share that one too.

      Delete
  4. ooooh Eleanor.. how cute!!!! I love the layout and those images are just supercute!!!

    Well done.
    Love jO x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super, fun image. Love the little boy on the rolling pin as well. Those dots and dashes really make a difference.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete