Sunday 28 October 2012

Wedding Day

The Happy Couple
Update: I didn’t manage to post a blog yesterday as I was finishing this card and getting ready to go to the wedding in the evening.  We had a lovely evening and the bride was really beautiful.  The venue (Orocco Pier) overlooked the forth road bridge and the day photos were shown in the background on a screen in the evening (I thought this was a great idea).  They were simply stunning.

Inspiration: The bride to be is the wee sister of one of Mr Bell’s oldest friends and a lovely girl in her own right, so I wanted to create something very special with a touch of bling.  A little bird told me the bridesmaids would be in navy so I wanted to add just a little accent with navy ribbon. 
Main Products: Stampavie Sarah Kay ‘Happy Couple’ stamp (I love these images I think they are sooo romantic); do-crafts (capsule collection) cream textured card for layers; glitter card (from create and craft ages ago) some tiny Anita’s gems.  Spellbinders, x-cut and Marianne dies (the intricate heart with birds and flowers is a Marianne die and I think it is really special, I did have to put it through my cuttlebug a few times but it was worth it).
Secret pocket and love birds
  • Techniques: Image hand stamped with memento rich cocoa ink and coloured with copic pens (mostly warm greys for a vintage feel but with a touch of colour and white sakura pen for highlights). Lots of layers added with spellbinders, x-cut and Marianne shapes.  Plenty of glamour dust added.  Flowers made from two different sized punches and a few brads then glittered (a variation of a flower I saw Mel Heaton demonstrate a couple of years ago).  Inside the card there are a few hearts for decoration.  One of the hearts is a secret pocket for a money gift (I like adding little pockets like this and it’s useful too!).  I have re-enforced the swirls with glossy accents and PVA glue underneath (you just have to be patient while it dries, did get some funny looks from hubby when I shouted ‘don’t touch my swirls!’).  A few white and gold fine line peel offs for borders and gold glitter congratulations peel off from stash.
  • Favourites: 8” by 8” card; inked edges; faux stitching and dots; Marianne swirls; extra details inside card.  Not to mention a matching envelope.
  • Extra bits - because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits: the flowers and swirls are my favourite sort of addition but I was blown away by the sparkle on the horse shoe that I bought from Karen Wilson at ‘Craft-ed Creations’ in Alloa (Karen has some absolutely fab sparkle as she also makes wedding invitations). The navy ribbon has a thread of silver and was from Karen’s shop too.  Yummy.
This pic is a wee bit fuzzy but gives and idea of the matching envelope.
    Watch this space: a sneak peek at some Christmas creations next (but a cup of tea first I think!).

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - glad you had a good time of celebration at the wedding evening x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning eleanor, they will treasure that card hun
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous card, so much going on with it but all co-ordinating beautifully. The ribbon and little horse shoe finish it off nicely.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous Eleanor, the wedding venue sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mu mouth is hanging open Eleanor! A completely beautiful card, but then inside as well and a matching envelope! I'm hard pushed to make the front of a card. Amazing work.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The venue sounds so lovely. The card is beautiful and that image is pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sure I'd left a comment already.... This card is so beautiful, Eleanor - I bet they loved it

    ReplyDelete