Thursday 25 October 2012

Time for a Party

A touch of Cabaret, a touch of Chicago and a hint of steampunk

A very special inside, blank for your own message.

Update: Another day, another blog post.  I need to get my skates on today as I have a few things to do in the real world.


Inspiration: I know I have a weakness for adding every-thing but the kitchen sink to my cards, so this is another attempt at a monochrome creation in the hope it adds a bit of class.  It has a touch of ‘Cabaret’, a touch of ‘Chicago’, and just a hint of ‘steampunk’. 
  • Products: Kanban - Mackenzie backing card and elements; Kanban Moulin Divas and Steampunk stamps; black and cream card from stash; Spellbinders and Marianne dies; few brads.
  • Techniques: Image hand stamped on cream card and coloured with copic pens; layers; sort of collage style.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; inked edges; faux stitching; extra details inside card.
  • Extra bits (because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits: I was well happy with the flowers that have a clock face in the centre, it was bit of an accidental experiment so hope other people like it as much as I do.
Watch this space: juggling between wood nymphs, wedding and Christmas…ooh it’s so tough to decide!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely, Eleanor - I really like the "steampunk" feel of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have managed to get a lot onto the card, love the monochrome look of it.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clock faces in the centre of the flowers. An inspired little extra that has made your card wonderful.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiyah eleanor,
    wow these look awesome, I love the steampunk theme.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kanban :) and you definitely do it justice. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB! Love the steampunk look at the moment.

    ReplyDelete