Friday 19 October 2012

The Beautiful Game

Mr. Bell loves football. Mrs. Bell loves colouring in.

The Beautiful Game + a pint.

'Football's not a matter of life and death...it's more important than that' - Bill Shankly
Update: One for the boys.  I like colouring in.  I don’t really like football, except Scotland matches but watching them would break your heart.  I have attached a photo of Mr. Bell watching England play when we were on holiday in Turkey (our holiday chums were supporting England!).  Mr. Bell is the one with his head in his hands.
 
Football can break your heart
Inspiration: The man in my life is fond of a wee beer (as are a few of his friends!) so I fell in love with the whole ‘Flippen Men’ range as soon as I saw them a few years ago (all the images show a man with a pint in his hand in various situations).  I recently got this stamp as it gave me an excuse to play at colouring in.  The Bill Shankly quote is spot on.  Mel Heaton is the first person I saw demonstrating copic pens and I have been collecting and playing since.  Thanks Mel.  The beauty of the pens with this stamp is that you can customise the jumper for your loved ones’ favourite team.
Products: La Pasche ‘Flippin Men’ stamp; Dark Cocoa Memento ink; Hunkydory card; copic pens; spellbinder label shape.
Techniques: Image hand stamped and coloured with copic pens, mat and layering.
Favourites: Kraft card; inked edges; faux stitching; extra details inside card.
Extra bits (because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits:
Backing paper from stash has a collage of vintage football players from cigarette cards.  I only had one sheet so I will have to have a go at making something similar next time.  As the card is intended for a male I couldn’t add my usual bows, flowers, flourishes and glitter (heart breaking).

No comments:

Post a Comment