Tuesday 30 October 2012

Steampunk Heaven

Feminine Steampunk Collage Fun

A close up of the flowers, butterflies and bits and pieces
I do like steampunk designs not quite sure why, may be because I was brought up when films like ‘The Time Machine’ were on the TV or because my son liked his sci-fi when he was growing up or just because they are different.

This creation is made from a Jem’s Designs paper pack.  Cutting it out (even the little spokes) was nice and relaxing.  I inked the edges too.  It’s a feminine version of steampunk so I added a Marianne die cut butterfly with a Tim Holz ‘thingy’ for a body.  I thought it lent itself to some of my other favourites: a collage design; some die cut shapes; adding extra bits..like the clock face (Kanban stamp); 3D flowers (Jem’s designs & spellbinder shape); metal charm key (stash); brads (stash); Marianne die cut key; some glossy accents on the girl’s goggles.
For the background, I had fun embossing some matt gold card with a cuttlebug folder with cogs on it and inking over for a rusty effect.  It’s all on an 8” by 8” card square with Tim Holz (washi style) tape round the edges (must do more things like this as I really enjoyed it).  Then I have stuck the whole thing on a pinflair easel which I have decorated with some IndigoBlu glitter flakes. 

I was thinking of adding a few words, ‘Dream’ and ‘Imagine’ possibly but as it’s quite busy already I might just leave it.  There's room for a message or tag on the back.
Not every-one’s cup of tea I know but I hope you like it.

It will be more tea and wood nymphs when I put the laptop down (I have been colouring quite a few).  Hopefully that will be my next post.




 

7 comments:

  1. wow wow wow eleanor, this is awesome. I love the flowers too with their little screws and bits on! just gorgeous.
    Huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor once again you create such a wonderful thing. I love it and you are a creative Queen!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anice, what a lovely thing to say.

      Delete
  3. Wow, nothing I would ever try myself but you've done a super job here. Love the flowers, they look almost metallic. So busy but everything goes together so well.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous - just shows that steampunk can be elegant and feminine x

    ReplyDelete