Tuesday 16 October 2012

Bo Bunny Birdcage


Birdcage magic
Card and matching envelope

 
 
Update:  I’m in trouble with number one daughter because I have not updated my blog (and quite right too).  I have been busy with some other things, not to mention the many works in progress that are awaiting that special finishing touch (watch out for an aurora of polar bears coming soon).  My daughter being a genius came up with the idea that I post the current projects as they are then show the completed result when they are ready, so that is what I will do from now on.  Meantime, I have some previously completed projects that I made for her and my son-in-law to be.
Inspiration:  Something beautiful for a beautiful person.
Products:  First, is a birthday card made with Bo Bunny papers, a clarity butterfly stamp and a fantastic birdcage die by Marianne.  The papers were the starting point as the newsprint, swirls, butterflies and vintage feel were right up my street.  I have added a bit of cream lace and faux lace (made with a lacy border punch) on the inside and flowers, swirls and butterflies again from Marianne dies.  There’s inked edges, glitter, dots and dashes and a patchwork of layers inside.  The papers and colours are so beautiful they would carry any project well.  I was having so much fun I just kept going so fully decorated on inside, on back and on matching envelope too.
Extra bits: overstamped happy birthday on front; bit of sticky bling; butterfly on back stamped and coloured with distress inks just for the fun of it.
Next:  need to work on taking better close up photos...and..
Watch this space for a super hero next…

No comments:

Post a Comment