Sunday 21 October 2012

Work in Progress Day

Love is in the air - stamp is called 'A Little Bit Country'

This image reminds me of my childhood



I had a few fizzy pops last night so I am taking it easy today.  In the mood for some colouring in so I put a jumper on over my pyjamas and have my copic pens out.  Heaven.

I have taken some photos of some of my recent Sarah Kay colouring projects (with a bit of paper piecing too).  They are not quite finished as I need to make them in to cards and add some hand-made embellishments.
I am a bit fussy.  I don’t always like cute but love these ones.  They have a sort of vintage feel and they remind me of my childhood.  When I was a girl ‘Little House on the Prairie’ and ‘Holly Hobby’ were all the rage.  I can remember making my mum a Mother’s Day card with my own hand drawn ‘Holly Hobby’ style figure on it (hidden face, big hat and patchwork pinafore).  Looking back the outfit might be described as a ‘zentangle’ design as I had doodled a different design on each patchwork square.  I am drawn to the Sarah Kay images as they just remind me of things like that.  I also had a children’s cook book that my Aunt in Australia had sent me.  I am pretty sure the artwork was by Sarah Kay too.  They are also sooo fab to colour and practice shading on the clothing - jeans are great fun.

 I will post the completed cards when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment