Monday 22 October 2012

Anna Karenina


A young Anna Karenina?


Update: Going to make a big effort to do a blog post every day this week.  Lots of projects on the go…so I better get on with it. 

Inspiration: The ‘Paint box Poppets’ stamps (artwork by Christine Haworth) from Crafter’s Companion were my starting point. The images have an old world romance about them that I love.  Once I had coloured in this image it reminded me of two things Anna Karenina and a furry hat I had as a child (honestly the seventies you had to be there!).  I had the pigtails too. 
Main Products: Crafter’s Companion Painbox Poppets Winter Collection 'Snow Princess'; Making memories papers 'Vintage Hip Collection Paisley' (my printer was on the blink so I couldn’t use papers from matching CD, but it gave me a chance to use these papers that I picked up in a sale last year.  I was pleased with the slightly different result).
  • Techniques: Image hand stamped (rich cocoa memento) on 'Hunkdory Colour Me' card and coloured with copic pens.  Papers distressed with Tim Holtz tool and sanded with crafter’s companion Sand It block.  A ribbon of ‘Kanban Kandy Kore’ paper put through a ‘Darice’ folder then sanded to look like rich curtain material.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; faux stitching; extra details inside card; spellbinder lacy oval shape.
  • Sentiment: I have not added a sentiment.  It could be made in to a Christmas card or a winter birthday.
  • Extra bits (because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits:
  • Flowers and swirls from my favourite Marianne dies and a spellbinder flower plus a few brads; little dots on the image with sakura opaque white gel pen and some fine liner pens to add to the richness.

Watch this space: Itching to get on with my wood nymph and autumn projects.  Wish I could take better pictures the colouring is better in real life (honest!).

No comments:

Post a Comment