Tuesday 23 October 2012

Time for Tea

You just can't beat a good cup of tea.

I love adding extras to the inside with room for a secret message.
Update: Every-one likes tea, don’t they? In times of crisis, or even celebration you can’t beat a good cup of tea.  I am going to enter this card in the Forever Friends ‘Bingo’ challenge –Line: Blue + Ribbon + Buttons.

Inspiration: The Forever Friends bears and I are old friends.  The ‘Best of British’ paper crafting items were an excellent excuse to play especially after all the big events of the summer.  Jo Austin demonstrated them on TV, but being me I wanted to add as much to the card as I possibly could.  I love decorating the inside with extra layers and tags.  Not every-one would think of FF as vintage or shabby chic, but I thought the papers looked great after being attacked with my Tim Holtz gadget and sanded.  As in my other projects I love the whole patchwork and faux stitching effect which takes me back to my childhood and my mum’s sewing projects.
  • Products: Do-crafts Forever Friends ‘Best of British’ paper crafting kit; few mats and layers inside; flowers from my favourite Marianne dies; spellbinders label shape.
  • Techniques: Decoupage teapot, with glossy accents added; decoupage bunting with some metallic embroidery thread added; pocket and tag inside.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; inked edges and faux stitching; extra details inside card.
  • Extra bits (because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits:
  • Paper flowers; ribbon (do-crafts Portobello road + ‘Inspirations’ for the ‘Every-thing stops for’ ribbon); button from an old cardigan with 'butchers twine' bow; tag inside, few brads.
Watch this space: more projects in the pipeline.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous (but you're not fooling me, I know where you live!).

      Delete
  2. An absolutely beautiful red, white and blue card :o) The FF bear in the t-pot is so cute. Thanks for joining Forever Friends 'Bingo' challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again very soon.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I'm looking forward to trying my hand at more challenges.

      Delete
  3. This is sooo Lovely and British!! Great Forever Friends images..

    Beary hugs and thanks for joining our FOREVER FRIENDS MONTHLY BINGO CHALLENGE,

    FF DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete