Friday 26 October 2012

Goose Girl

Goose Girl in the snow

Two secret pockets and a tag inside
Update: Busy day today, got my nails done in the morning then went shopping for a new frock this afternoon (thankfully I found something that covers my lumps and bumps).  Going to a wedding tomorrow hence the need to get dolled up.  Heaven above, look at the time and still no blog.  Cheating just a wee bit as this is a card similar to  the 'Anna Karenina' one that I made earlier.

Inspiration: It's the ‘Paint box Poppets’ stamps from Crafter’s Companion again. I love original artwork and really fell for these.  My favourite colour is purple so I went with purples and lilacs this time.  As it happens my new frock is purple too.  It's getting pretty cold here today (in Scotland) and they say snow is not far away so I think the image is quite appropriate.
  • Main Products: Crafter’s Companion Painbox Poppets Winter Collection – Goose Girl rubber stamp; Memory makers papers (printer dead so I couldn’t use papers from CD, but loved the effect these papers gave me).
  • Techniques: Image hand stamped (rich cocoa memento) and coloured with copic pens.  Layers of co-ordinating paper with inked edges; little bit of ‘Kanban Kandy Kore’ paper put through an embossing folder then sanded to look like really rich material; couple of pockets and a tag inside.
  • Favourites: Kraft card; ‘Hunkydory Colour Me’ card; faux stitching; extra details inside card; spellbinder and marianne shapes.
  • Sentiment: I have not added a sentiment again so that it could be made in to a Christmas card or a winter birthday.
  • Extra bits (because where’s the fun in making your own cards without adding extra bits: Flowers and swirls from my favourite Marianne dies plus a few brads; little dots on the image with sakura opaque white gel pen and some fine liner pens to add to the richness.  I have only part stuck down some of the swirls so that there is a touch of dimension but the down side of this is that they can be a little delicate.
Watch this space: still working on a few projects at the same time, must get better organised!.

5 comments:

  1. Love the layering and those gorgeous swirly bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love all the detail - very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  3. eleanor this is so pretty hun and I love the little tags inside in the pockets too.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments. Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete