Tuesday 2 October 2012

Best of British Mini Book

Best of British Mini Memory Book
Inspiration:
I really enjoyed the Olympics and Jubilee Celebrations earlier in the year.  I am not really a sporty person but the general feel good factor was great.  I love things with a vintage and grown up feel but I have had a soft spot for Forever Friends bears for many years and even have a few in my collection.  I like to personalise cards and add lots of bits.  I cannot remember where I saw this sort of little tag book first but this is my own little twist.  I think this sort of book is great for keeping photos or little secret messages.  I have added a few hand written words to add to the scrapbook/journal feel.
Challenge:
I am going to enter this project in the Forever Friends Challenge ‘Ribbons’.  That’s if I can manage the technical bit!
Products used:
·         Do-crafts kraft card blanks, do-crafts Best of British paper crafting kit and 6” by 6” paper.
·         Kraft card and red card for matting and layering. 
·         Tim Holtz vintage photo and barn door distress ink to ink edges.
·         Dies: Little flower made from a Marianne die and some pockets from Spellbinders square label.
·         Faux stitching with sakura white opaque pen and black, red and blue fine-liner pens.
·         Ribbons from stash: Create and Craft, John Lewis, Inspirations and a little shop in the Lake District.
·         Do-crafts Union Jack buttons.
·         Foam tape to make pockets.





No comments:

Post a Comment