Saturday 6 October 2012

Alice in Wonderland

I am afraid that there was no blog post yesterday as I had toothache and was feeling rather sorry for myself.  The Phantom of the Opera was brilliant on Thursday.  I've got a few ideas for a related project later. 

Meantime here is a bit of a mad creation that I recently entered in a competition.  I am new to competitions and challenges so I am not sure of myself but I think it will be a good way of challenging myself and networking.

Inspiration:
Leanne as the white rabbit aged 4
 

There is just something about Alice in Wonderland.  It can mean so many things.  The stamp sheets I have used are by IndigoBlu and I find the old style original artwork very evocative.  It may not be every-one's cup of tea but I fancied doing something a bit different from a straight forward card design, so I had a go at a crazy collage that went over the edges of the page.

Alice in Wonderland Collage
Project: I have made an 8” by 8” ‘twisted easel’ birthday card. I aimed at creating an off the page 3D collage that would be a bit random and crazy that would evoke the Alice in Wonderland story.
Stamps used: Indigoblu Alice I & Alice II.
Inks used: Rich cocoa Memento; Tim Holtz barn door, broken china and vintage photo.
Card used: Hunkydory Colour Me card for stamping.
Kanban ‘Mackenzie’ stripe & harlequin, black and Kraft card for matting and layering.
Pens used: Copic alcohol ink pens; Black fine liner; Sakura white opaque.
Highlights: Glamour dust glitter; Winter Dawn and Copper Kettle Glitter flakes.
Extra bits: small key and ribbon (create & craft) and keyhole shaped brad (Woodware) from stash.
Techniques: Lots of layers, images coloured in warm grey copic pens with a few colours highlighted to look like old tinted photos, 3D decoupage in part on some characters.  Watch faces glazed with Ranger glossy accents.  Mad Hatter, the white rabbit and Alice reinforced on back with tape and pva glue and left to harden before being added to card with Pinflair Glue Gel. Faux stitching and highlights added with black and white pens.  Small amounts of glitter flakes added as final highlight.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment