Wednesday 3 October 2012

Quirky Monochrome

A birthday treat for a very special daughter.

Emily and Steampunk Sarah
Inspiration:
I was looking for something different for my daughter’s birthday creation and found these great stamps from the ‘Off the Wall’ Collection by Lindsay Mason.  I fell in love straight away.  Leanne is all grown up now but still appreciates things that are a bit quirky so I thought these images would fit the bill perfectly.  I like to add as much as I can to my cards and I have went for a collage style but I tried to have a bit of restraint so kept to a fairly monochrome colour scheme. I have a weakness for matching sets so I made a twisted easel card and decorated two gift bags.

Leanne is a maths teacher now so I added the numbers in the background to add a personal touch and the label background design is a very similar style to her favourite tipple too (that just happened to be in the bottle bag).
I am glad to say that they went down well with the birthday girl.

I was delighted to discover that Lindsay Mason has a blog and there are more stamps in the ‘Off the Wall’ range so I have added them to my ever growing wish list and hopefully you will see more creations here later.  I hope to learn some of her ink techniques too.
Key Products Used:
·         Stamp: 'Emily and Steampunk Sarah'– Off the Wall Collection by Lindsay Mason.
·         Kanban Mackenzie Collection – for monochrome patterned card, clocks and butterflies.
·         Copic pens – mostly cool greys.
Favourites:
·         Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink on edges; Memento rich cocoa to stamp images.  White opaque Sakura pen and black fine liner pen for highlights and faux stitching.
·         Images stamped on Hunkydory ‘Colour Me’ card and some old cream card from stash.
·         Docrafts 8” by 8” Kraft card blanks, black, cream and kraft card for matting and layering.
·         Extra bits: vintage brass key and sacred heart from stash (I think it was a ‘Create and Craft kit); creative expressions screw brads; Papermania mini brads.  Tim Holtz idea-ology sprocket gears.
·         Spellbinders label dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment