Friday 12 October 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

A twisted easel card made from a fab Hunkydory kit.


I love adding hidden messages.


It was my Mother in Law’s birthday earlier in the week.  Jean loves her garden and flower arranging so I wanted to make a cheerful floral card.  I used some very pretty elements from a Hunkydory kit.  My favourite bit of card making is adding bits so I have added kraft card, ribbon, a flower brad, faux stitching and a hidden message tag.  Yummy.
The wrapping paper I had in my stash was pink and purple, so I made tags and decorated a gift bag with some cute pink card that came from a Hunkydory free gift. 
Top Tip:  Instead of using ribbon to decorate the parcel I have used some funky pink and purple wool from my stash.  If you watch for unusual wool when it is on sale you can get some real bargains.  It is much more interesting than curling ribbon and lasts so much longer.  I have quite a range of colours and textures now and some of them only cost £1 from a market stall.

Here's a picture of Campbell's Mum and myself before we went to see Phantom of the Opera last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment